Adopted June 5, 2014
It’s the policy of the Colorado Roofing Association (CRA) to comply fully with all antitrust laws. CRA acknowledges that any infraction of the antitrust laws could subject member companies and/or individuals to legal penalties, including possible fines, possible imprisonment and liability for attorneys’ fees. Recognizing the above, it is the policy of the CRA, its board of directors, officers, staff, and members to strictly comply with all laws applicable to its conduct, and specifically with federal and state antitrust laws. Compliance with these laws requires obedience both to the letter and the spirit of the law.
A necessary rule of CRA’s Antitrust Compliance Policy is that no member shall enter into any understanding, agreement, plan, or scheme, whether express or implied, informal or formal, oral or written, with any competitor with respect to prices, terms or conditions of sale, output, production, distribution, territories or customers. CRA’s policy absolutely prohibits any consultation between competitors relating to prices or terms and conditions of sale.
Members should remember that antitrust compliance is important at all times whether at formal meetings such as board meetings, committee meetings, seminars, trade shows or in social settings such as our awards dinner, golf tournament, membership luncheons and sporting clay tournament, etc.
To foster the intent of operating appropriately, CRA will adhere to the following policy and will publish to its members, staff and leaders.
- DO NOT discuss your prices or competitors’ prices with a competitor (except when buying from or selling to that competitor) or anything which might affect prices such as costs, discounts, terms of sale, or profit margins.
- DO NOT agree with competitors to uniform terms of sale, warranties, or contract provisions.
- DO NOT agree with competitors to divide customers or territories.
- DO NOT act jointly with one or more competitors to put another competitor at a disadvantage.
- DO NOT try to prevent your supplier from selling to your competitor.
- DO NOT discuss your future pricing, marketing, or policy plans with competitors.
- DO NOT discuss your customers with your competitors.
- DO NOT make statements about your future plans regarding pricing, expansion, or other policies with competitive overtones. Do not participate in discussions where other members do.
- DO NOT propose or agree to any standardization which will injure your competitor.
- DO NOT attend or stay at any informal meeting where there is no agenda, no minutes are taken, and no association staff member is present.
- DO NOT do anything before or after association meetings, or at social events, which would be improper at a formal association meeting.
- DO alert association staff and legal counsel to anything improper.
- DO send copies to an association staff member of any communications or documents sent, received, or developed by you when acting for the association.
- DO alert every employee in your company who deals with the association to these guidelines.
- DO be conservative. If you feel an activity might be improper, ask for guidance from Association staff or legal counsel in advance.
This statement is not intended to be a complete statement of all aspects of the antitrust laws. Members should seek legal advice if they have any questions concerning antitrust law compliance.
Download printable PDF Version of the CRA Antitrust Statement.