Who is CRA
The Colorado Roofing Association (CRA) was established in 1978 and became an official non-profit association in 1980. The association’s first name was the Boulder County Roofing Association, and the first President was Bob Bellitt of Arapahoe Roofing & Sheet Metal, Inc. who helped to establish the original group of roofing related businesses into a viable association. Working to build the membership outside of the Boulder area, in 1982 the association’s name was changed to the Northern Colorado Roofing Association.
As membership expanded to include both commercial and residential contractors and industry related organizations, the Bylaws, Code of Ethics, Newsletter, Golf Tournament and Trade Show were all started and the association continued to thrive.
By 1987, the CRA’s growth now extended beyond the Denver Metro/Boulder Area and the association was ready to take that final step. Once more, the association’s name was changed to the Colorado Roofing Association. Since then, the Colorado Roofing Association has continued to prosper and grow under the supervision of many great CRA leaders who have paved the path to where we are today.
CRA Training Center, Certification Courses, Community Service projects, Sponsorship Programs, development of information and education sources for Consumers on Selecting a trusted Professional Roofing Contractor, enhanced educational programs, State Registration/Licensing initiatives, Scholarship Programs, Legislative representation, a Worker’ Compensation group program, CRA’s Website, Fall Sporting Clay Tournament and the Annual Awards Dinner are just some of the many additional accomplishments made over the years by the past presidents and their boards.
Thank You, Presidents!
- Suzie Boyd, Academy Roofing, Inc., 2021-Present
- Jeff Johnston, The Roofing Co., 2018-2020
- Ray Phillips, RTP Roofing Co., 2016-2017
- Brad Evans, Advanced Roofing Technologies, 2014-2015
- Dan Zahtila, Black Roofing, Inc., 2012-2013
- Kirk Tiley, Tiley Roofing, Inc., 2010-2011
- Chuck Spicer, Bighorn Metalworks, 2008-2009
- Amy Hawkins, Boulder Roofing, Inc., 2005-2007
- Rob McReynolds, D & D Roofing, Inc., 2003-2004
- Curt Boyd, Academy Roofing, Inc., 2001 -2002
- Richard Sealey, CEI West Roofing Co., 1999-2000
- Tim Black, Black Roofing, Inc., 1997-1998
- Lee Drotar, CEI West Roofing Co., 1996
- Pat DeNiro, The Roof & Gutter Guys, 1995
- Lee Drotar, CEI West Roofing Co., 1994
- Rob Tichy, Alpine Roofing Co., 1992-1993
- Gary Jagger, Jagger Roofing Co., 1991
- Larry Reinhard, Western Fasteners, 1990
- Byron McGough, B & M Roofing of CO., 1989
- Ken Wickwar, Douglass Roofing Co., 1987-1988
- Ken Burton, CEI West Roofing Co., 1985-1986
- Terry LaVelle, Arapahoe Roofing & Sheet Metal, Inc., 1984
- Ken Burton, CEI West Roofing Co., 1983
- Conrad Kawulok, B & M Roofing of CO., 1982
- Bob Bellitt, Arapahoe Roofing & Sheet Metal, Inc., 1980-1981
Association Leadership & Documents
For the BY LAWS page, click here.
For the CODE OF ETHICS page, click here.
For the CONTINUING INVOLVEMENT page, click here.
For the ANTITRUST page, click here.
For the COMMITTEE MEMBERS page, click here.
For the SPONSOR page, click here.