Webinar Code Update & More - May 17, 2022
Code Updates, GBO 2 Years Later, Ventillation and More!
Speaker Panel: Dan Cupit, Professional Construction Services, Kade Gromowski, Terracon Consultants, and John Gimple with Gimple Roof Engineers.
On demand recording of joint pinpoint webinar for CRA and IIBEC members to provide information on the new building codes, changes being implemented by local jurisdictions, legislative energy code mandates, steep slope roof ventilation, and the impact these have on the roofing industry.
- Significant Changes in the 2021 ICC building codes and expected changes from the 2024 code hearings (ASCE 7/22, etc.)
- Code Changes - most recent/major municipality code updates/changes (i.e., Boulder has gone to 150 mph, Denver requiring the WUFI analysis as part of permitting process for both new and re-roofs, etc.)
- Denver GBO Update – Two Years Later.
- HB22-1362 Passed- which requires cities and counties to update their building energy codes to increase energy efficiency and cut the climate pollution from new homes and commercial buildings beginning July 1, 2023. (On way to Governor for signature).
- Ventilating Steep Slope Reroofs as required in the building codes. Vapor retarders and air barriers on low slope roofs. Potential for damage and liability with improper venting has increased with code changes and the use of synthetic felt. Advocating for proper roof ventilation - survey link
The webinar recording link will be sent with your payment confirmation email.