CANCELLED AS OF NOV 16, 2020!
If class is sold out, please let us know if you want to be added to a waitlist. Please email Diana Johnson with name of student(s), class name and date at: email@example.com.
> > > NOTE TO CRA MEMBERS: IN ORDER TO REGISTER AND TRACK CIUs, YOU MUST LOG-IN.* (Do not use the 'continue as guest' tab.)
**Once you've successfully logged-in, click the event tab, then view all events and select the event/course from your new dashboard to complete your registration. If you don't know your CRA login, click here for instructions on how to activate/create your account.
COURSE DESCRIPTION: Intro to Roofing
CRA's Introduction to Roofing course will expose your employees to the basics of roofing and teach them what they are doing, why they are doing it and upon completion give them an understanding that roofing can lead to several career paths within the industry. Retaining good employees is important to all of us and providing them the education they need is a proven method of retention!
This is what some of our students had to say about the course:
"Taking this roofing course has increased my ability and confidence in helping meet the needs of my clientele even more than I had anticipated. I found it to be extremely beneficial to the future of my career in the roofing industry."
"The hands-on experience is by far the 'key' to this course and roofing in general."
"As a service tech, I have seen a lot of improper installations of roofing and I have grown to recognize necessary specs that are not code or required. Steve the instructor of the course has been aware and demonstrates the correct, more efficient way of installation."
"Overall, it has been a very good learning experience for me. I am still very new to this industry and this class has given me excellent insight to the many perspectives and opportunities that roofing has to offer."
Check out these Video/Blog Testimonials:
CRA classes are limited to two students per company. Student registration forms will be accepted on a first-come-first-served basis. Small class size; maximum 16 students per course. The same person must attend all 6-days.
A certificate of completion will be issued upon passing the course. Member Continuing Involvement Units (CIUs) = 8 per person
By registering to attend a class at the CRA Training Center, you CONFIRM and ACCEPT the following terms, conditions and policies.
Terms and Conditions: Payment is required prior to class. If we have not received payment by the day of class you will NOT be allowed to attend the course. I understand and accept this policy..
Class Changes and Cancellations: A class will be closed when it reaches its maximum enrollment, so register early. The CRA Training Center reserves the right to cancel any course in the event of insufficient enrollment. Course cancellations will be made at least one week prior to the course start date. Students enrolled in a cancelled class are entitled to a full refund, or the payment may be transferred to another course that is held within one calendar year.
Refund Policy: If a cancellation notice is received in writing 7 days prior to the start of the course, a full (100%) refund will be issued within two weeks of the start of the class. In the event that the student needs to cancel for any reason within the first 3 days of the course, a prorated refund will be issued with-in two weeks from the date of receipt of the written notice of cancellation. No credit will be given for partial classes/sessions taken. Absolutely no REFUNDS or CREDITS will be given for cancellations received after 50% completion of the course.
Click the "REGISTRATION OPTIONS" button above to enroll in CRA's Introduction to Roofing Course.
(CRA Member CIU’s = 8 per person)
For More Information:
Tuition (Full 6 Days):
CRA Member: $450.00 (Full 6-days)
Non Member: $700.00 (Full 6-days)
Classes: WEEK 1: Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday
WEEK 2: Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday
Hours: 8:00 am – 12 noon
1:00 pm – 5:00 pm
(Lunch on your own – 1 hour)
Bring with you:
Students should bring their own gloves, safety glasses and hand tools. (Supplementary tools will be available for use during the class.)
Day 1 Introduction
Steep Slope Roofing – Overview
Day 2 Steep Slope (Decking, Underlayment & flashing details)
Day 3 Asphalt Shingles (overview)
Other Steep Slope Systems
Day 4 Metal Roofing
Low Slope Roofing - Overview
Day 5 Single Ply - Thermoset (EPDM, etc)
Single Ply - Thermoplastic (TPO, PVC)
Day 6 Coatings and Waterproofing
Make-up Session / Review / Final Exam
* Course may be cancelled if class minimums are not met.
CRA is committed to maintaining all appropriate sanitary, health, and safety measures and encourage attendees to our events and Training Center to follow guidelines recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the World Health Organization.
Our Preparedness Plan for the CRA Training Center
We have taken a series of precautionary steps in response to this developing public health impact, including:
- Masks are REQUIRED. The CRA is currently operating under the Colorado statewide face mask mandate. All students must wear a face mask as required by this mandate. No students will be admitted to the class without a face mask. If unable to meet this requirement, the student shall contact the CRA, to reschedule, by no later than August 24th. If a student's mask is not worn during class they will be given one warning, their second violation of the CRA mask requirement will result in immediate dismissal from class. No refunds will be provided should the student be dismissed from class for failing to wear their mask.
- Increased cleaning and disinfectant procedures throughout our Training Center located at 1660 Jasper St, Unit I in Aurora.
- Increased signage on proper hand washing and prevention tips through-out the Training Center.
- Our event will be a NO HANDSHAKE zone. While the risk remains low at this time, we cannot ensure a 100% virus-free environment. Please consider our meetings a touch free zone. No hand-shakes, or other touching. Please maintain a social distance at all times.
- Wash, Wash, Wash. We have 3 sinks at the Training Center. Please wash as often as you can. This is a requirement, not a suggestion.
- If possible, please bring your own tools as mentioned above. We do have shared tools available and these have been cleaned using the same chemical hospitals use to sanitize their equipment and environments.
- Brand New Safety gloves and glasses are provided for you. These are for you to keep and take with you after class. If you don’t think you will need them, then feel free to toss before leaving.
- Weather permitting, doors will be open and fans will be used to circulate air throughout the facility.
> > > We ask that if you are sick, have been sick, have an elevated temperature, have recently traveled or been in a contaminated area, please do not come to the training. Please let us know and then stay at home and we will credit you for the class.