Introduction to Roofing - Oct 2022
Members must be logged-in to view and receive discounted member price.
CRA Training Center1660 Jasper Street Unit I
Aurora, CO 80011-4660
NOTE TO CRA MEMBERS: IN ORDER TO REGISTER AND TRACK CIUs, YOU MUST LOG-IN.* (Do not use the 'continue as guest' tab.)
*Once you've successfully logged-in, click the event tab, then view all events and select the event/course from your new dashboard to complete your registration. If you don't know your CRA login, click here for instructions on how to activate/create your account.
*If you want to be added to a waitlist for this class, please email
Diana Johnson with name of student(s), class name and date to
COURSE DESCRIPTION: Intro to Roofing
CRA's Introduction to Roofing course will expose your employees to the basics of roofing and teach them what they are doing, why they are doing it and upon completion give them an understanding that roofing can lead to several career paths within the industry. Retaining good employees is important to all of us and providing them the education they need is a proven method of retention!
This is what some of our students had to say about the course:
"Taking this roofing course has increased my ability and confidence in helping meet the needs of my clientele even more than I had anticipated. I found it to be extremely beneficial to the future of my career in the roofing industry."
"The hands-on experience is by far the 'key' to this course and roofing in general."
"As a service tech, I have seen a lot of improper installations of roofing and I have grown to recognize necessary specs that are not code or required. Steve the instructor of the course has been aware and demonstrates the correct, more efficient way of installation."
"Overall, it has been a very good learning experience for me. I am still very new to this industry and this class has given me excellent insight to the many perspectives and opportunities that roofing has to offer."
Check out these Video/Blog Testimonials:
CRA classes are limited to two students per company. Student registration forms will be accepted on a first-come-first-served basis. Small class size; maximum 16 students per course. The same person must attend all 6-days.
A certificate of completion will be issued upon passing the course.
By registering to attend a class at the CRA Training Center, you CONFIRM and ACCEPT the following terms, conditions and policies.
Terms and Conditions: Payment is required prior to class. If we have not received payment by the day of class you will NOT be allowed to attend the course. I understand and accept this policy.
Class Changes and Cancellations: A class will be closed when it reaches its maximum enrollment, so register early. The CRA Training Center reserves the right to cancel any course in the event of insufficient enrollment, snow closures are necessary, or as a result of city, county, or state guidelines/restrictions. Course cancellations will be made at least one week prior to the course start date. Students enrolled in a canceled class are entitled to a full refund, or the payment may be transferred to another course that is held within one calendar year.
Refund Policy: If a cancellation notice is received in writing 7 days prior to the start of the course, a full (100%) refund will be issued within two weeks of the start of the class. In the event that the student needs to cancel for any reason within the first 3 days of the course, a prorated refund will be issued with-in two weeks from the date of receipt of the written notice of cancellation. No credit will be given for partial classes/sessions taken. Absolutely no REFUNDS or CREDITS will be given for cancellations received after 50% completion of the course.
Click the "REGISTRATION OPTIONS" button above to enroll in CRA's Introduction to Roofing Course.
(CRA Member CIU’s = 8 per person)
For More Information:
Tuition (Full 6 Days):
CRA Member: $450.00 (Full 6-days)
Non Member: $700.00 (Full 6-days)
Classes: WEEK 1: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday
WEEK 2: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday
Hours: 8:00 am – 12 noon
1:00 pm – 5:00 pm
(Lunch on your own – 1 hour)
Bring with you:
Students should bring their own gloves, safety glasses, and hand tools. (Supplementary tools will be available for use during the class.)
*Coatings is on the last day of class and students will be working with materials that can stain your cloths. Please wear or bring an old set of cloths that may get stained or ruined.
Day 1 Introduction
Steep Slope Roofing – Overview
Day 2 Steep Slope (Decking, Underlayment & flashing details)
Day 3 Asphalt Shingles (overview)
Other Steep Slope Systems
Day 4 Metal Roofing
Low Slope Roofing - Overview
Day 5 Single Ply - Thermoset (EPDM, etc)
Single Ply - Thermoplastic (TPO, PVC)
Day 6 Coatings and Waterproofing
Make-up Session / Review / Final Exam
- CRA classes are limited to two students per company.*
- Student will be accepted on a first-come-first-served basis.
* Course may be cancelled if class minimums are not met, snow closures,
or as a result of city, county, or state guidelines/restrictions.
CRA is committed to maintaining all appropriate sanitary, health, and safety measures and encourage attendees to our events and Training Center to follow guidelines recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Colorado Department of Health and Adams County (Tri County Health Dept).
Our Preparedness Plan for the CRA Training Center (as of 2.5.22)
- By registering for a CRA Training Course, you acknowledge awareness that your participation may involve exposure to all the risks of an indoor event/class including exposure to the COVID-19 virus.
- If you are feeling sick or in a high-risk category for COVID-19 PLEASE STAY HOME.
- Masks and social distancing are recommended.
- We have implemented increased cleaning and disinfectant procedures throughout our Training Center.
- Our class/event will be a NO HANDSHAKE zone. We cannot ensure a 100% virus-free environment, so please consider our classroom a touch free zone. No hand-shakes, or other touching.
- Wash, Wash, Wash. We have 4 sinks at the Training Center. Clean your hands often, and cover your coughs and sneezes with your elbow.
- Please wash as often as you can.
- If possible, please bring your own tools as mentioned above. We do have shared tools available and these have been cleaned using the same chemical hospitals use to sanitize their equipment and environments.
- Brand New Safety gloves and glasses are provided for you. These are for you to keep and take with you after class. If you don’t think you will need them, then feel free to toss before leaving.
- Weather permitting, doors will be open and fans will be used to circulate air throughout the facility.