Metal Roofing 2 Day - March/April 2022 CANCELLED
Members must be logged-in to view and receive discounted member price.
CRA Training Center1660 Jasper Street Unit I
Aurora, CO 80011-4660
NOTE TO CRA MEMBERS: IN ORDER TO REGISTER AND TRACK CIUs, YOU MUST LOG-IN.* (Do not use the 'continue as guest' tab.)
*Once you've successfully logged-in, click the event tab, then view all events and select the event/course from your new dashboard to complete your registration. If you don't know your CRA login, click here for instructions on how to activate/create your account.
*If you want to be added to a waitlist for this class, please email
Diana Johnson with name of student(s), class name and date to
COURSE DESCRIPTION: Metal Advanced
CRA’s Metal Course will expose students to working with different types of metal and issues to consider when using a metal roof system. The class will cover the appropriate use of equipment and hand tools. It will also cover basic bending and folding techniques and cutting of metal. Safety hazards will be identified and the use of good safety practices and techniques will be demonstrated. Learn about structural and architectural metal, metal finishes and coatings, fastening systems, and the important factors for successful installation and repair of a metal roof system.
The class is for students who have a background in roofing and want to improve what they know and for installers who have not yet worked with sheet metal or need to learn proper techniques.
Make a commitment to take a person out of the field for two days, we’ll train them and with their new knowledge and skills, they will be twice as productive when they return.
Student(s) enrolling in this course must have met one of the following prerequisites to attend this advanced class:
Successfully completed the Introduction to Roofing course
Have a written statement from employer that affirms student has 6-months related on-the-job field experience in metal roofing.
By registering to attend a class at the CRA Training Center, you CONFIRM and ACCEPT the following terms, conditions, and policies.
Terms and Conditions: Payment is required prior to class. If we have not received payment by the day of class you will NOT be allowed to attend the course. I understand and accept this policy.
Class Changes and Cancellations: A class will be closed when it reaches its maximum enrollment, so register early. The CRA Training Center reserves the right to cancel any course in the event of insufficient enrollment, snow closures are necessary, or as a result of city, county, or state guidelines/restrictions. Course cancellations will be made at least one week prior to the course start date. Students enrolled in a cancelled class are entitled to a full refund, or the payment may be transferred to another course that is held within one calendar year.
Refund Policy: If a cancellation notice is received in writing 7 days prior to the start of the course, a full (100%) refund will be issued within two weeks of the start of the class. In the event that the student needs to cancel for any reason within the first 3 days of the course, a prorated refund will be issued with-in two weeks from the date of receipt of the written notice of cancellation. No credit will be given for partial classes/sessions taken. Absolutely no REFUNDS or CREDITS will be given for cancellations received after 50% completion of the course.
Click the "REGISTRATION OPTIONS" button above to enroll in CRA's Metal Roofing 2-Day Course.
(CRA Member CIU’s = 8 per person)
For More Information:
Tuition (2 Days):
CRA Member: $500.00
Non Member: $750.00
Class (Thursday & Friday):
Hours: 8:00 am – 12 noon
1:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Bring with you:
Students should bring their own gloves, safety glasses, and basic metal hand tools.
- Offset snips; red and green
- tape measure
- chalk box
- marking pencil or sharpie
- folding tools; Duck bills and folding beam
- cordless drills with # 2 square, #2 phillips, and ¼” hex bits
- double cuts if any of them have them
(Supplementary tools will be available for use during the class.)
|Day 1||Introduction – Types of Metal Roofing|
|Structural Metal Roofing – Overview|
|Tool Introduction & Use|
|Day 2||Metal Roof Details|
|Metal Roof Set-up|
|Metal Roof Problems & Troubleshooting|
|Review / Final Exam|
- CRA classes are limited to two students per company.*
- Student will be accepted on a first-come-first-served basis.
* Course may be cancelled if class minimums are not met, snow closures,
or as a result of city, county, or state guidelines/restrictions.
CRA is committed to maintaining all appropriate sanitary, health, and safety measures and encourage attendees to our events and Training Center to follow guidelines recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Colorado Department of Health and Adams County (Tri County Health Dept).
Our Preparedness Plan for the CRA Training Center (as of 2.5.22)
- By registering for a CRA Training Course, you acknowledge awareness that your participation may involve exposure to all the risks of an indoor event/class including exposure to the COVID-19 virus.
- If you are feeling sick or in a high-risk category for COVID-19 PLEASE STAY HOME.
- Masks and social distancing are recommended.
- We have implemented increased cleaning and disinfectant procedures throughout our Training Center.
- Our class/event will be a NO HANDSHAKE zone. We cannot ensure a 100% virus-free environment, so please consider our classroom a touch free zone. No hand-shakes, or other touching.
- Wash, Wash, Wash. We have 4 sinks at the Training Center. Clean your hands often, and cover your coughs and sneezes with your elbow.
- Please wash as often as you can.
- If possible, please bring your own tools as mentioned above. We do have shared tools available and these have been cleaned using the same chemical hospitals use to sanitize their equipment and environments.
- Brand New Safety gloves and glasses are provided for you. These are for you to keep and take with you after class. If you don’t think you will need them, then feel free to toss before leaving.
- Weather permitting, doors will be open and fans will be used to circulate air throughout the facility.