NOTE TO CRA MEMBERS: IN ORDER TO REGISTER AND TRACK CIUs, YOU MUST LOG-IN.* (Do not use the 'continue as guest' tab.)
*Once you've successfully logged-in, click the event tab, then view all events and select the event/course from your new dashboard to complete your registration. If you don't know your CRA login, click here for instructions on how to activate/create your account.
COURSE DESCRIPTION: Roof Coatings
This 1-day course is intended for installers of all levels who are seeking in-depth knowledge of roof COATING systems as well as learning the types and differences between coatings, damp proofing, and waterproofing along with application methods.
Small class size; maximum 18 students per course. The one-day class includes lectures with visual support and hands-on product techniques/training. Upon passing the course, students will receive a "Certificate of Completion."
Here's what students are saying:
“I now have greater knowledge of coating & waterproofing systems and their differences!"
“I’ve learned a ton about how different roof coatings can be applied to different situations; and using coatings in our climate.”
“Great class -- increased my ability to provide better solutions to challenges faced by clients.”
“It has broadened by understanding of the applications and limitations of coatings/waterproofing membranes.”
Make a commitment to take a person out of the field for one-day, we’ll train them and with their new knowledge and skills, they will be twice as productive when they return.
By registering to attend a class at the CRA Training Center, you CONFIRM and ACCEPT the following terms, conditions, and policies.
Terms and Conditions: Payment is required prior to class. If we have not received payment by the day of class you will NOT be allowed to attend the course. I understand and accept this policy.
Class Changes and Cancellations: A class will be closed when it reaches its maximum enrollment, so register early. The CRA Training Center reserves the right to cancel any course in the event of insufficient enrollment, snow closures are necessary, or as a result of city, county, or state guidelines/restrictions. Course cancellations will be made at least one week prior to the course start date. Students enrolled in a canceled class are entitled to a full refund, or the payment may be transferred to another course that is held within one calendar year.
Refund Policy: If a cancellation notice is received in writing 7 days prior to the start of the course, a full (100%) refund will be issued within two weeks of the start of the class. In the event that the student needs to cancel for any reason within the first 3 days of the course, a prorated refund will be issued with-in two weeks from the date of receipt of the written notice of cancellation. No credit will be given for partial classes/sessions taken. Absolutely no REFUNDS or CREDITS will be given for cancellations received after 50% completion of the course.
Click the "REGISTRATION OPTIONS" button above to enroll in CRA's Roof Coatings Course.
(CRA Member CIU’s = 8 per person)
For More Information:
Tuition (1 Day):
CRA Member: $250.00
Non Member: $350.00
Hours: 8:00 am – 12 noon
1:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Bring with you:
Students should bring their own gloves, safety glasses, and basic hand tools.
(Supplementary tools will be available for use during the class.)
- Introduction: Safety & Definitions
- Differences between Coatings, Waterproofing, and Damp proofing
- Cool Roof Standards
- Waterproofing (Fluid Applied) - Overview
- Coatings - Overview
- Application Methods
- Do’s and Don’ts
- Review / Test / Adjourn
- CRA classes are limited to two students per company.*
- Student will be accepted on a first-come-first-served basis.
* Course may be cancelled if class minimums are not met, snow closures,
or as a result of city, county, or state guidelines/restrictions.
CRA is committed to maintaining all appropriate sanitary, health, and safety measures and encourage attendees to our events and Training Center to follow guidelines recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the World Health Organization.
Our Preparedness Plan for the CRA Training Center
- Masks are REQUIRED. The CRA is currently operating under the Colorado statewide face mask mandate. All students must wear a face mask as required by this mandate. No students will be admitted to the class without a face mask. If a student's mask is not worn during class they will be given one warning, their second violation of the CRA mask requirement will result in immediate dismissal from class. No refunds will be provided should the student be dismissed from class for failing to wear their mask.
- Please maintain a SOCIAL DISTANCE at all times.
- Increased cleaning and disinfectant procedures throughout our Training Center located at 1660 Jasper St, Unit I in Aurora.
- Increased signage on proper handwashing and prevention tips through-out the Training Center.
- Our event will be a NO HANDSHAKE zone. While the risk remains low at this time, we cannot ensure a 100% virus-free environment. Please consider our meetings a touch free zone. No hand-shakes, or other touching. Please maintain a social distance at all times.
- Wash, Wash, Wash. We have 3 sinks at the Training Center. Please wash as often as you can. This is a requirement, not a suggestion.
- If possible, please bring your own tools as mentioned above. We do have shared tools available and these have been cleaned using the same chemical hospitals use to sanitize their equipment and environments.
- Brand New Safety gloves and glasses are provided for you. These are for you to keep and take with you after class. If you don’t think you will need them, then feel free to toss before leaving.
- Weather permitting, doors will be open and fans will be used to circulate air throughout the facility.
> > > We ask that if you are sick, have been sick, have an elevated temperature, have recently traveled or been in a contaminated area, please do not come to the training. Please let us know and then stay at home and we will credit you for the class.