Data/Record Retention, Leave Compliance, 401K Changes & More (IN PERSON!)
National Western Complex - Centennial Room4655 Humboldt Street
Denver, CO 80216-2818
Stay up-to-date on Colorado Leave and data/record retention requirements!
Presented by: Danielle Maya, Galvanize Law
Part 1 - Data/Record Retention
Record-keeping is one of the most overlooked, but critical functions of a business. Construction is a document intensive industry - not only for human resource purposes, but every project has countless details that need to be kept per statutory laws. During this part of the seminar you will learn about data/record retention and security.
- how long to keep records (legal/statutory length)
- how to store electronically, cloud storage vs onsite
- how not to lose data when changing cloud storage providers
- data security, including signing onto unsecure Wifi
Part 2 - Current HR Topics
Colorado employers also need to be aware of recent Employer changes and requirements. In the second part of the seminar, we'll cover:
- family leave compliance updates
- 401K changes (depending on how many employees you have or if you don't offer it)
- new non-compete/non solicitation rules in relation to independent contractors
- child support reporting
- pre-employment screening checks on employeesm desrimination and prohibited pre-employment questions
- I-9 verification
- Equal Work Act, Wage Claim Act and more.
You don't want to miss this chance to gain valuable knowledge for maintaining records and staying up-to-date on your employer obligations!!
Wednesday, March 29, 2023
National Western Complex - Centennial Room
4655 Humboldt St (I-70 & Brighton Exit)
1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Cost: $30 Member | $60 Non-Member
Register to attend, by clicking on the "Register Now" link above.
CRA Member CIU’s = 4 per person per webinar
|12:45 AM - 1:00 PM||Registration|
|1:00 PM - 1:30 PM||Data/Record Retention|
|1:30 PM - 1:40 PM||Questions|
|1:40 PM - 2:15 PM||Family Leave Compliance|
|2:15 PM - 3:00 PM||Break|
|3:00 PM - 3:45 PM||401K Changes & Non Compete Rules|
|3:45 PM - 4:00 PM||Questions|
For More Information:
About our Presenter(s):
Founding Member and Partner at Galvanize Law
Danielle Maya is an accomplished attorney with over 20 years’ experience serving the construction industry. Currently at partner at Galvanize Law here in Denver. Danielle’s practice encompasses all areas of construction law including construction defect litigation, lien law, building code violation defense and much more.
Danielle is an active member in our association, assisting with trainings like this. She also serves on our Government Relations Committee and was key in helping us and our coalition partners pass 5% retainage on private projects.